About J. Rafe Dixon, Principal
Rafe Dixon grew up in Sumter, SC and is a 1978 graduate of Wilson Hall and a 1982 graduate of Clemson University. He holds Auctioneer & Real Estate Broker Licenses in South Carolina and North Carolina.
Rafe is active in the South Carolina Auctioneers Association, and has served in several offices, including two non-successive terms as President. He is an active member of the National Auctioneers Association, as well as the Sumter Board of Realtors. He holds several Auctioneer designations, including the Certified Auctioneers Institute (CAI), the highest professional designation available in the Auction industry. CAI is a 3 year professional development program taught at Indiana University, and has been called the “Master’s Degree” of Auctioneering. Rafe is one of fewer than 400 Auctioneers to have earned and hold the prestigious Accredited Auctioneer of Real Estate (AARE) designation.Rafe has also earned the Certified Estate Specialist (CES) designation. Rafe is currently a member of the South Carolina Auctioneers' Commission, appointed by Governor Henry McMaster.
Rafe has been involved in many types of auctions, ranging from household goods, to farm machinery, to commercial and residential real estate and business liquidations. Past auction projects have included homes, home sites, development land, industrial land, commercial offices, rural land, estate personal property, business liquidations and more.
Rafe is married to the former Louise Shaw. They have 2 children and are active in the community and their church.
The MarkNet Alliance Advantage
J.R. Dixon Auctions is part of MarkNet Alliance, sharing technical resources and marketing efforts, providing exposure and promotion of your auction.
- Auction posted on 65 MarkNet Alliance member websites and the MarkNet Alliance corporate website with over 1,000,000 unique visitors every 30 days.
- Physical offices in 28 states and South Africa.
- Email sent to MarkNet Alliance marketing list with over 100,000 subscribers.
- 200,000 registered bidders in the MarkNet Alliance bidding system.
- Over 6,000 auctions conducted in MarkNet in 2013.
- 814,000 registrations approved in 2013.
- On average a registered bidder in the MarkNet system participates in 7 auctions each year
- Over $1 billion in assets sold in 2014 by MarkNet members at auction and through private treaty sales.